Cultural Competency / Ethnic / Language Services
LCBH responds to clients cultural and linguistic preferences with options that address their needs.
- During regular business hours, LCBH offers service providers who are bilingual/bicultural in Spanish; language assistance in other languages is met through the use of interpreters and/or the language line.
- After hours, language assistance is met through the use of the language line.
- Cultural preferences are met by LCBH staff or contract providers, or through referral into the community.
The LCBH Provider Directory is distributed to all clients upon intake and provides information on available bicultural and bilingual staff and contract providers. The Provider Directory is available in English and Spanish, and in large print.
Free Language Assistance Services
Clients have a right to free language assistance services.
- Staff are required to inform clients of this right when language assistance is requested or required.
- Clients are also notified of this right through LCBH brochures and other informing materials.
- Informing materials include language assistance taglines in multiple languages to ensure that clients have access to these services.
- It is prohibited to expect family members to provide interpreter services.
- Client’s children are never used as interpreters.
|2019 Cultural Competency Plan.pdf||1.22 MB|
|CC Newsletter May 2019.pdf||866.79 KB|
|CC Newsletter April 2019.pdf||146.72 KB|
|CC Newsletter March 2019.pdf||322.15 KB|
|CC Newsletter February 2019.pdf||220.16 KB|
|CC Newsletter January 2019.pdf||239.12 KB|
|CC Newsletter December 2018.pdf||394.94 KB|
|CC Newsletter November 2018.pdf||275.11 KB|
|CC Newsletter October 2018.pdf||203.57 KB|
|CC Newsletter September 2018.pdf||242.13 KB|
|CC Newsletter August 2018.pdf||201.09 KB|